Author: Chef Maggie Cattell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups grated, packed zucchini (about 10 oz from 2 small sized zucchinis)
- 1 cup (235ml) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups (390g) Einkorn flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (110g) chopped pecans, lightly toasted if desired
- 1 cup raisins rehydrated in 1 cup of orange juice or grand marnier liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and set rack in middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans and line with parchment paper.
- Rehydrate the raisins: In medium sauce pan, combine raisins and orange juice or liqueur, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Let cool and soak for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs with sugar until combined. Add grated zucchini, melted butter, vanilla extract and grated lemon zest and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until just combined. Add nuts and raisins, then divide batter into prepared pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Set pans on wire rack and let cool about 10 minutes, then turn loaves out onto rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2018/01/13/einkorn-grain-rise/