Author: Yvonne Cornell
Makes two dozen mini muffins.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of pumpkin flesh, minced, firmly packed
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 7 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or Einkorn all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup almond meal flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large mixing bowl, mash up the banana with the back of a fork. Add the eggs and whisk well to mix. Add the pumpkin flesh, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup and olive oil. Whisk well to blend. Add the flour, almond meal flour, and baking soda. Mix gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with coconut or canola oil spray or butter. Fill each well to a generous ¾ full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Gently wiggle each one free with your fingertips to let them cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2017/10/29/happy-halloween/