|The Filoli Gentlemen's Orchard Vinegar|
Author: Yvonne Cornell
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2-3 ‘berggarten’ sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1 slender cinnamon stick
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- scant ½ teaspoon allspice
- apple cider vinegar of choice
- Wash thyme and sage in 1 tablespoon unscented bleach mixed into gallon water to kill any bacteria.
- Lay out one herb bundle per bottle using thyme sprigs and sage.
- Spoon peppercorns into each sterilized bottle through a funnel.
- Drop cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice into each bottle.
- Wrap sage leaves around thyme and twist the bundle into neck of bottle using a plastic chopstick
- to force the remainder.
- Use the funnel to pour in enough apple cider vinegar to fill to the top.
- Let the herbs and spices infuse for two weeks before using vinegar.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2017/05/26/a-gentle-switchel/