|Kaffir Lime & Wasabi Fish Cakes|
Author: Yvonne Cornell (Adapted from Donna Hays)
- Fish Cakes: (makes six patties)
- 1 lb. wild trout or salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 egg white
- 3 TBSP fine corn flour (shortcut: grind up some corn meal in a clean coffee grinder)
- 1-2 kaffir limes, zest only OR 3 kaffir lime leaves, very finely cut into shreds
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 1-3 tsp wasabi paste and ½ small jalapeño, finely diced
- 3 TBSP parsley, chopped
- 2-3 TBSP Olive Oil
- Lime Dip:
- ¼ lime juice (regular limes, the juice of the kaffir lime is bitter)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- Chop fish into ¼ inch diced pieces.
- Combine with egg white, corn flour, kaffir lime zest or shredded leaves, ginger, wasabi paste and/or jalapeño and parsley.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix well in small serving bowl.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup dipped in water, scoop up fish mixture and press into ¼ cup mold to form six equal sized patties. Use dampened hands to form and shape each one into a rounded cake.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Grill fish cakes, turning once until golden, a few minutes each side. Don't overcook or the fish will dry out and be tough.
- Dip cakes in sauce or crumble over arugula greens and pour sauce over top.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2015/11/12/kaffir-lime-wasabi-fish-cakes/