|Non-Dairy Buttercream Frosting|
Author: Yvonne Cornell
- ⅔ cup plant-based butter spread (I use the Earth Balance Original buttery spread)
- 4½ - 5½ cups powdered sugar depending on your sweet tooth
- a few teaspoons of almond milk for thinning the frosting as necessary
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Cream together the vegan buttery spread, vanilla extract and salt in an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add half the powdered sugar and mix until smooth and thick.
- Add a teaspoon or more of almond milk to thin the frosting before adding the remainder of the powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and light.
- Add more milk if necessary for a smooth and spreadable consistency before whipping vigorously for remaining few minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2016/04/08/serendipity-frosted-cake/