|Roasted Tomatoes & Spinach Pasta|
Author: Yvonne Cornell
- ½ lb bow tie pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes (or fresh if you do not have time to slow roast)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- Zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- Optional: grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but firm to the bite or al dente (about 8-10 minutes.) Drain.
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the garlic and discard.
- Add the white wine, tomatoes, spinach, a pinch of salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook until the spinach is wilted, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add chopped basil and toss.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon zest.
- Toss with pasta, and parmesan if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves.
Recipe by Yvonne Cornell at https://yvonnecornellphoto.com/2015/09/08/a-stay-at-home-picnic/